Training for Schools
The Education Safeguarding Team deliver a core safeguarding offer to all early years settings, schools and colleges within Surrey further details can be accessed via the Surrey Education Services Hub.
Designated Safeguarding Lead Training (New to Role and Refresher Training) booked via the Surrey Education Services Hub
Early Years Designated Safeguarding Lead Training (New to Role and Refresher Training) booked via the Early Years Learning Portal
For Safeguarding Module 1 & 2 training please click here to access the Olive training system. Should you have any queries please contact email@example.com.
There are also further links below to education specific training tools which you may find useful:
- For statutory guidance around safeguarding children and safer recruitment in education setting please see Keeping children safe in education
- Suicide Prevention Toolbox
- Suicide Prevention and Postvention Protocol for all Surrey Schools and Colleges
- Suicide Prevention SSCP Leaflet for Parents
- Suicide Prevention SSCP Leaflet for Children and Young People
- Suicide Prevention SSCP Leaflet for Practitioners
- Thematic Reviews of Adolescent Suicide 2014 - 2020
- Blue Whale Tik Tok Challenge
- Suicide Prevention e-learning
- The Big Chat
- Mindsight Surrey CAMHS
Please find details below for two forthcoming Bitesize Training Events for D/DSL’s in early 2022
Child Criminal Exploitation and Child Sexual Exploitation in Surrey
Facilitated by Julie Speed – Missing and Hidden Crimes Co-ordinator this workshop will cover the key themes and topics around Contextual Safeguarding and make sure you feel confident to recognise CSE and CE within your designated safeguarding role at school or college.
Recording Concerns and Peer Audits
Run by the Education Safeguarding Team this session will provide an overview of important elements of record keeping for D/DSL’s in schools and colleges. It will introduce delegates to the concept of peer auditing safeguarding records to enable best practice to be developed.
All sessions are free of charge to book your place visit Surrey Education Services (surreycc.gov.uk)