Surrey County Council Children’s Social Care – COVID 19 Update
In line with government guidance regarding essential travel to work and social distancing and to protect our key workers we have made the decision to close the following Children’s Social Care buildings effective from tomorrow.
- South East Quadrant @Consort House, Redhill
- North East Quadrant @Ashley Park House, Walton on Thames
- South West Quadrant @ St Francis Centre in Guildford.
The NW Quadrant @ Quadrant Court in Woking will remain open to staff but closed to visitors. This building will remain open as it is big enough to allow key workers to remain at work safely and provides plenty of working space for essential staff to carry out their critical jobs.
- Any family who has been working with Children’s Social Care, they should contact their practitioner or the manager by email or telephone (email@example.com).
- For any family in distress they should contact the Children’s Single Point of Access (C-SPA) and we will offer advice and signpost to assistance.
- Our practitioners are providing support to many families by telephone and video call, we are restricting face to face contact wherever possible in order to prevent transmission of Covid – 19 but we have workers on standby to visit families in person. Our aim to support families during this difficult time and to keep children safe.
- If you have a planned meeting with a social worker or practitioner from Surrey County Council Children’s Social Care you should receive information about how this will proceed. We aim to run all meetings involving families and or groups of professionals by conference call or video call until the rules around social distancing are relaxed.
Anyone can contact our CSPA Phone: 0300 470 9100 (Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm)
Out of hours phone: 01483 517898 to speak to our Emergency Duty Team