Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018:
The 2018 version of Working Together to Safeguard Children statutory guidance on inter-agency working to safeguard and promote the welfare of children was published on 4 July 2018.
This guidance is for:
- local authority chief executives
- directors of children’s services
- chairs of local safeguarding children boards (LSCBs)
- teachers and education staff
- social workers
- health service professionals
- adult services
- police officers
- voluntary and community sector workers in contact with children and families
It applies to:
- local authorities
- all schools
The 2018 version replaces the 2015 version and the transitional guidance helps explain how to move to a new system of practice reviews.
The statutory framework sets out the legislation relevant to safeguarding and it should be read alongside the statutory guidance.
Statutory guidance is issued by law; you must follow it unless there’s a good reason not to.