Domestic abuse awareness week Monday 11 June 2018 – Friday 15 June 2018
Domestic Abuse awareness week will take place this year from Monday 11 June 2018 – Friday 15 June 2018. The aim of the week will be to increase awareness around the signs to look out for that a family member or friend could be in an abusive relationship.
The call to action will be to direct primarily to the Surrey Against Domestic Abuse website, while encouraging the use of the helpline for those who need it most.
The activity has yet to be finalised, but it is likely to be as follows:
- A social media campaign – very similar to the campaign that was run during the White Ribbon period, with the awareness raising beginning in the weeks prior to the awareness week itself.
- The release of the short film ‘Breaking the Silence : The deadly consequences of coercive control’, featuring Luke and Ryan Hart and produced by Surrey Police.
- Face to face activity that Woking Community Safety Teams have arranged in the Woking Shopping Centre and at Woking train station.
- If time there will be a mass leaflet / poster drop re domestic abuse to target libraries, community centres, surgeries etc.
- If time some vox pop with the community around their attitudes and awareness of domestic abuse. These can be shared on social media.
If you have any questions please contact Juliet, Smith Juliet.Smith@surrey.pnn.police.uk