Raising awareness of abuse linked to faith and spirituality
Religious doctrines often support the caring of the most vulnerable amongst us; children. Sadly it is not uncommon for adults to justify child abuse and neglect with religious doctrines. Both of these phenomena can occur in just about every religious organisation and community. Religious abuse is abuse administered under the guise of religion, including harassment or humiliation, which may result in psychological trauma. This workshop will explore the nature of child abuse linked to faith, belie and spirituality.
- Explore the nature of child abuse linked to faith and belief
- What is it? Where does it occur?
- What are the signs and symptoms?
- What are the barriers to sharing concerns?
- What should I do if I am concerned about such abuse?
- The picture in Surrey across faiths with some further details relating to Christian and Muslim faiths.