Our Training Programme
We have a large range of courses available – click on the course name to find out further details, pre-requisites and booking details.
Partnership Safeguarding Training Offer
As a result of, and in order to support, the extraordinary pressure and challenges being placed upon our partners to manage the current impact of COVID-19 in Surrey the SCS Academy have suspended all partnership face to face training.
We will offer virtual training from Sept 2020-2021. Details of the programme will be available from late July/early August.
Learners can still access any of the e-learning modules outlined on the web site and through Me Learning
Safeguarding Induction Training
- Surrey practitioners and managers via Olive (Surrey’s Learning and management system)
- Non SurreyCC staff, partner agencies, voluntary sector and volunteers: You first need to register (top right) https://surreycoun.plateau.com/learning/user/portal.do?siteID=SSA&landingPage=login code SSA1234 and then you are redirected to the WTSC e learning on Olive.
Surrey Children’s’ Services Academy (SCSA) – Me Learning safeguarding digital learning
SCSA have commissioned a range of safeguarding and awareness e learning courses for practitioners, managers, volunteers and foster carers who work with children and families in Surrey. The courses have been categorised into relevant safeguarding levels for health and other organisations. These free courses include the following:
• Child Exploitation Introduction (level 2)
o Child Sexual Exploitation
o Gangs and Youth Violence
o Online Safety-Risks to Children
o Bullying and Cybercrime
o Human Trafficking and Modern-Day Slavery
• Domestic Abuse (30 minutes – level 2)
• Neglect (30 minutes – level 3)
• Hidden Harm-Parental Substance Misuse, Parental Mental Ill Health, Domestic Abuse (45 minutes- level 3)
• Safeguarding Children with Disabilities (30 minutes – level 2)
• Sexual Abuse and Recognising Grooming (lasts 1 hour – level 2)
• Self-Harm (l30 minutes – level 3)
• Honour Based Violence and Forced Marriage (2 hours and 30 minutes has 5 modules – level3)
• Abuse Related to Beliefs in Witchcraft (1 hour and 30 minutes – level 3)
• Conscious bias and unconscious bias (30 mins- level 2)
• Suicide awareness, children and adults (45 mins- level 3)
Please self-register via the following link and then complete the various modules as required. Surrey Children’s Services Academy- Me Learning https://scsa.melearning.university/course_centre
Everybody’s Business Mental Health Awareness Training
Basic child and adolescent mental health awareness for professionals and volunteers who work directly with children and young people Multi-agency Training (Two-days)
Everybody’s Business is training from Surrey County Council for:
– Identifying and supporting factors which contribute to good mental health in children and young people
– To be able to identify signs that a child or young person is struggling with their mental health
– To be able to clarify your role and responsibility within your agency in responding at an early stage to a child or young person
– To be able to access or signpost appropriate services to support the child or young person, and understand what CAMHS can offer.
To apply for a place on these courses contact: mailto:email@example.com
Please find the attached flyer for the training as well as an application form, you will need to apply for the place via application form which is linked below for your use.
Everybody’s Business mental health awareness Everybody’s Business mental health awareness virtual training flyer 2020-21
SSCP Multi-Agency Core Training
SSCP Multi-Agency Specialist Training
|Child Death Review Process in Surrey and the Lessons Learnt: The role and responsibilities of professionals involved in child deaths|
|Managing Allegations against Staff and Volunteers||Online Safety: Introductory workshop for practitioners|
Other multi agency training and events
Working Together to Safeguard Children
Usually within schools or educational settings there will be a Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) who will have the materials to deliver this training in house for staff however there is an E-Learning alternative of this training held via the Surrey Skills Academy website, to undertake this e-learning you will need to register with the website which requires a registration code which is SSA1234 (case sensitive)
Please note: This website is administered and managed by the HR Programme Support Team, they can be contacted on the below details:
Telephone: 02085 417 213
DSL New to Role / DSL Refresher training (Schools and Early Years)
These workshops are no longer advertised on the SSCP website. Booking is via Services for Schools http://servicesforschools.surreycc.gov.uk/Training with further information via firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Help Assessment (EHA) Training
Unfortunately all Early Help Training going forward has been put on hold. Dates to follow soon.
Domestic Abuse Training
A message from the Surrey Domestic Abuse Partnership
The Surrey Domestic Abuse Partnership is aware that the measures that the government have taken to reduce the spread of Covid-19 will put survivors of domestic abuse at further risk. Being unable to leave the home will make accessing support even more difficult and being isolated at home with a perpetrator increases the risk of serious harm or worse.
For this reason we are determined that all our services will remain open to support those who need us. We have put contingency plans in place to enable to us to continue running our services and we are working with our partners to develop new working practices and protocols to help us deal with the current crisis.
Our community outreach services are still open to referrals although this service will be delivered remotely and the confidential Your Sanctuary DA Helpline and on-line chat service is available for anybody seeking information or support. The refuge network both in Surrey and across England and Wales are working hard to keep women and their children safe and can be accessed through the Your Sanctuary helpline.
The Government has issued guidance for people who are experiencing, or feel at risk of, domestic abuse.
GRT Cultural Awareness training
Dates will be confirmed asap