Child Death Review Process in Surrey and the lessons learnt: The role and responsibilities of professionals involved in child deaths
Participants must have completed
- ‘Working Together to Safeguarding Children’ Induction Training or have completed an approved alternative course. An exemption checklist can be found at www.surreyscp.org.uk
Target Group: The course is aimed at practitioners and managers in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who need to be aware of the process to follow in the event of sudden unexpected death of a child or infant.
Course Aim: This course will provide staff with an overview of the Child Death Overview Process in the event of a sudden unexpected death of a child or infant.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Looked at the process following a sudden unexpected death of a child or infant.
- The role of the Child Death Overview Panel (CDOP)
- Explored factors contributing to childhood deaths
- Identified learning from child deaths.
Book your place here